Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Inside running.

This looks interesting: Hobart is getting an "indoor cycling performance centre". I've never heard of such a thing before. From the website, it sounds like something that is to cycling what treadmills are to running. I have a sneaking feeling that it's going to attract a fair cross section of the lycra brigade, people who I usually try to avoid. Road racers generally haven't cottoned onto the fact most other cyclists are laughing at how much they fancy themselves.

The whole concept of an indoor cycling performance centre has a certain novelty value, and virtual reality racing sounds a little interesting, I wonder how long it will last. Despite their reputation, Hobart winters are pretty mild and nothing beats a proper ride on a proper road. Even for soft buggers with no hair on their legs.

2,623km so far this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF is wrong with just using the old Newtown oval? Whack a big tarp over the lot and it will be loveeelly.

Treadly and Me said...

Sheesh, at first I thought that was going to be an indoor velodrome. I'd give that a miss, save my pennies, and keep riding on the road.