Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New toy

I decided to buy a proper mountain bike. I'm in the Cyclic Navigator on Sunday and I had some extra money and I'm moving to the wilds of Tassie, so I decided to treat myself.

It's a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp from a mob called Total Rush in Melbourne. I didn't get a chance to ride after being fitted to the bike and taking it away yesterday, but was able to go out for a fang before work this morning.

I was a bit the worse for wear after four of us held what we described to our boss in Sydney as an 'offsite senior staff meeting" yesterday. Non-journalists would probably describe it as a 12 hour two-fisted piss up. I was in no fit state to ride the bike when I staggered out of the pub at midnight, but I somehow bounced back and hit the dirt trails along the Yarra early this morning. I really had a great time getting used to the suspension and the big fat tyres, riding up and down trails that would normally have me baulking.

I have five weeks off from next Friday. I leave Mebourne the following Monday. I'm really looking forward to testing this bike out on the forestry trails of Southern Tassie. And giving up drinking!

1 comment:

Treadly and Me said...

That looks and sounds perfect! (Apart from the bit about giving up drinking...)