Thursday, July 27, 2006

Time off.

A week off the bike. Bummer. The good part is knowing that next week, we have a week on the bike. We're off to Adelaide to ride on the the Mawson Trail for six days. I'd consider that to be adequate compensation for a week of inactivity.

Bought the girl a lovely set of panniers for the trip, from Summit Gear in Katoomba. They made them yesterday and shipped them to me where I'm staying in Hobart overnight. How's that for service? Thanks Brett!

They're lovely canvas bags, very similar to the 20-year-old Wilderness Equipment panniers I have, which I don't think they make any more.

And, speaking of the old fashioned and beautiful, check out this lovely classic French tourer. Mmmm.

3,237km so far this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the Mawson Trail, my parter rode a section during the Outbike "Bike and Wheels" Expedition last year (ie: Spencer Gulf to Gulf of Carpentaria)

You'll enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Re: Mawson Trail, the bits north of Wilpena are the best, go all the way through to Blinman - it's fantastic.

And I agree a very lovely bike but still cant go at such a high top tube, it dates bikes a bit and you can get the same geometry and ride with lower top tube.

CC