Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One more thing to covet

Saw one of these in the bike racks at work today, and only one word applies: sweeeet. A fast, light commuter with the new Shimano eight speed internal hub. They have an aluminium frame, skinny tyres, uber-cool black colour scheme. They're close to being an ideal town bike, although I'd consider mudguards and a hub dynamo to make it just perfect. I'd love to get hold of one of these hubs. Perhaps for the MTB project.

All in all a very stylish piece of kit, and they sell for under $1,000. If there wasn't a limit on how many bikes one can reasonably own, I'd seriously consider one. How much is that limit anyhow? I'd think four was enough - a bike for all seasons - but I'm beginning to think perhaps six.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The limit? n + 1, surely...

David Killick said...

Never a truer word was said. It's n+1, forever receeding into the distance. It could also be expressed as n+$1000.

Anonymous said...

Very nice piece of hardware that - wouldn't mind taking one for a spin. Do you know of anywhere local that stocks it?

David Killick said...

No, sadly, I've had to content myself with drooling at their website and at the one in the bike racks. A test ride would be a bad idea!